Dr. Ahmad received his medical degree from IPGMR, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He then completed his Neurology residency at Georgetown University Hospital in 2003 and his Stroke fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in 2004. Following the completion of his Stroke fellowship, Dr. Ahmad was employed as the Acting Chief for the Division of Neurology at St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, until June 2007. He has since been dedicated to serving patients at his private practice, with offices located in both Reston and Manassas, Virginia.
Dr. Ahmad is a board certified neurologist who has been accredited by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). He is also an honorary member of the American Association of Neuromuscular Disease and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)-an organization committed to the advancement of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, and electrodiagnostic patient care.
- PhD Tohoku University, Japan
- Post-Doctorate Wayne State University, Detroit
- Neurology Certification 2005 (recertified 2015)
- ABEM Certification 2006 (recertified 2016)
- Vascular Neuro Certification 2006 (recertified 2016)
- Sleep Medicine Certification 2007
- Neuromuscular Medicine Certification 2012
- Named as a “Top Rated Doctor” in February 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 issues of Northern Virginia Magazine